Saturday, September 12, 2009

Kayaking!

Wa this year's rural placement in Bairnsdale is damn ownage. =) the weekends were a blast la, everybody play until damn shag. Hahaha. 

The first weekend was devoted to kayaking. We went to Lakes Entrance and then Lake Tyers looking for some kayaking or canoeing. Finally found a small company at Lake Tyers. Rented canoes/kayaks for 7 people. I was the odd one out with a single kayak. But its damn shiok la, powering through the waves by myself! Hahaha good for the ego boost! 

But seriously the waves and wind on the way back was no joke. Like some endurance test for the arms, and the waves were like bouncing my kayak up and down. Had to position it perpendicular to the waves to prevent it from being flipped over. 

With me were: Darling, Huilin, Cihan, Henry, Greg and Alan. 

We crossed the lake several times and landed on the shore to rest/relax. The scenery was good, the sun was out, but it was a bit cold on the lake surface. My toes were numbed from the water and constant wind. 

This salt water lake was supposed to have dolphins in it. Being in a single kayak by myself, was damn scary. There were times where I got separated from the others because of the waves, and I paddled really hard to get back because I was afraid that a dolphin would swim over and flip me over for fun. Hahaha safety in numbers la. 

Also a lot of pretty jellyfish with the 4 purple rings inside its head. Supposed to be harmless. 

Picked out some shells that day, but kinda forgot about them when we finally reached shore. We were soooooo tired.

Drove to a fish and chips shop nearby and just stuffed ourselves. A little bird shit on my arm. Luckily not onto my food. If it really did that, Cihan suggested that I find the bird, and shit on it. Hahaha. 

Got a video of Huilin's and Henry's reactions when they finally got to savour their first french fry after the canoeing. 

Would I do it again? Hell yea. Hahaha

No comments: